Friday, April 13, 2012

Grayson’s 3rd Birthday

IMG_5328

April 3, 2012 will definitely be a day we will never forget.

We started the day as usual with me & Grayson stopping by the donut shop for 1/2 a dozen holes before dropping him off at school. I took iced cookies with sprinkles for the teachers to pass out to celebrate my little man’s special day.

After a few hours at work, the weather started getting ugly. I was watching the radar online and my mom kept me updated by text messages since she was home watching the news. It didn’t look good. I was a nervous wreck! We kept trying to call the school to see what they planned on doing if things got bad in Rowlett. No answer! My mom kept debating on whether or not to go pick him up or just stay home and not have to get out with Aniston. Tornado was on the ground in Lancaster for more than 20 minutes. Tornadoes were popping up in other areas around us. Arlington and Forney were hit bad!!! When I heard a tornado was on the ground in Forney, I couldn’t stop thinking of all of my friends that live there. Were they okay? Would a tornado pop up in Rowlett? I hated not knowing. I left work at 4:15 and headed straight to pick up Grayson from school. His teacher, Samantha, told me that he didn’t have a very good birthday! :( They spent the majority of the afternoon in the closet for safety. The kids were scared, G was crying and wanting his momma! That made me tear up!

We got came home to watch the news and see actual video and pictures of all the damage. It was a miracle no one was killed! Some homes in Forney were completely destroyed. One home had absolutely nothing left standing but the bathtub and shower wall that the woman and 3 young kids were hiding in. Never seen anything like it! They all made it through it. You can see the wall standing behind her.

 

I’m so thankful that no lives were taken and I pray that these folks can rebuild their homes even though they lost so many precious memories that were stored inside the homes that were lost. I can’t even imagine! :(

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

What is Grayson up to at 3???

-  33.4 lbs & 38 3/4 inches tall

- wearing size 4 diapers ~ we are still working on the potty training

- wearing size 3T shirts and size 2T pants

- loves to watch Toy Story & Jake and the Neverland Pirates

- loves chicken/fries/tea, donut holes, nutter butter cookies, strawberry/kiwi capri sun juice, chocolate milk, honey bunches of oats cereal with almonds, pb&j sandwiches, yogurt a.ka. “pudding”

- playing at the park ~ kicking the soccer ball

- he can count to 20!!!

- I am LOVING this age! I just wish I could bottle him up like this. His expanding vocabulary is so entertaining! He is a momma’s boy thru and thru!!! LOVE him!

No comments:

Post a Comment