Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Allergies

Earlier this week Grayson went to the Allergist. We got tired of seeing him being so congested and having his head movements. He had skin tests done and it was determined that he is allergic to DOGS! Totally not what I was expecting. He is not even allergic to milk like we thought he was. He has been doing a lot better on almond milk though so I’m going to leave him on that. There is a slight chance – about 40% – that he could also be allergic to eggs. I have not tried giving him scrambled eggs in a long time so I won’t even worry about that. He seems to do fine eating things that are made with eggs. We got a prescription for FLONASE nasal spray. This should help with the congestion and hopefully even stop the head movements which the doctor thinks could be from fluid in his inner ears. If he continues to do the head movements much longer we will probably take him to an ENT doctor.

So since he is allergic to dogs and we have 2, things are going to be a bit different at our house. I’m going to have to keep this place really really clean!!!! We want to buy an air purifier to see if that helps too.

I am hoping the medication helps with his congestion. We just started it so they say it can take a few weeks to take effect. Crossing my fingers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment