Friday, October 22, 2010

It’s a JUNGLE in Here!!!

For the first time, I’ve decided to participate in “Show us Your Life” from Kelly’s Korner.

This week is all about nurseries/kid rooms. I had a blast decorating my sweet boy’s nursery! I LOVE it!!!! As soon as I found out it was a boy (at 15 weeks) I started shopping for JUNGLE stuff. I love the brown and orange colors together with the monkeys everywhere and giraffe print bedding. First Monday in Canton, TX was a favorite destination of mine. Not only do they have awesome decorations for the home…they also have adorable baby items and clothes.

I LOVE that I didn’t even have to re-paint the walls. The bottom half is a light yellow and the top is a light cream color. I just picked fabric for the bedding that worked with the walls. It turned out FABULOUS!!!

P3141155

The sign says “WILD THING..I THINK I LOVE YOU” :)

As a matter of fact…I KNOW I DO!!!!

The bedding was made by Amber with LOVE BUG BABY BEDDING…she has a booth in Canton, TX. She’s great!!!

P2011109

The little sign in the middle of his dresser says….

“I made a wish and you came true”P3141154

This CUTE pillow was made by Amber also.

P3141164

I got the wooden signs -“Monkey See Monkey Do” and “Baby Gone Wild” at Lone Star Baby.

The prints inside the frames came from Canton.

I got the shelf at Hobby Lobby and just spray painted it.

P1241091

This was one of my maternity pics taken at Studio One to One. I thought it was unique. It’s hanging above the doorway. P3101152  

The HUGE giraffe came from Lone Star Baby. It was one of the first things I got for the room.

So there it is….Grayson’s room!!!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute nursery! I love all the monkeys! We are doing a Curious George theme for our nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boy is so cute & I love his nursery! "Blaine" is what I wanted to name our little boy, but my mom didn't think "Blaine Brown" sounded good :P But, if we have another boy, I still want to use that name! We ended up naming him "Jarrett" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS I love this!!! I wish I had thought of this theme for my son's room. We always call him "Monkey".. this would fit perfectly!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!

    Bonnie ~ I love the name Jarrett! I was thinking if I have another boy I might name him Garrett so it will be a "G" name like Grayson.

    ReplyDelete