Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Totally Unexpected

It's Saturday morning at 8am and I am in a hospital bed in Antepartum at Medical City. I have been in the hospital since Wednesday night after my 34 week appointment. She did a non-stress test to see the baby's heartrate and they gave me a sonogram with a bio-physical profile. During the sonogram they were expecting to see Grayson making breathing movements as they are supposed to be practicing to breath at this point. He didn't do it! Therefore, my dr suggested that I stay overnight in Labor and Delivery for them to monitor his heartrate. She had a feeling the umbilical cord might be around his neck or something. It is not comfortable at all being wrapped with tight bands and having a monitor sticking to your belly all night! Thursday morning they did another sonogram and we confirmed the cord is indeed around his neck but it is not tight. He also showed us his breathing practices during that sono so we thought everything would be good. They wanted to keep me one more night on the monitors to be sure. Friday morning came and Dr. Elmquist said she did not feel comfortable sending me home! She said his heartrate dipped several times through the night and we are not sure if it's b/c I tried to lay on my side and it might have squished the cord into his neck. So now I'm in Antepartum and I might be here until I deliver!! I just can't believe it!! Today is my baby shower that we had scheduled to have at my house so everyone could see the nursery but now we are having it up here in a room next to the Cafeteria! CRAZY and Totally Unexpected!!

No comments:

Post a Comment